Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday night is coupon night!  Oh how excited I get waiting to see what each week’s garden center coupon will be!  This week was for 43% off Iceberg Roses.  Icebergs are a Southern California garden staple!  Everyone seems to have them in their gardens.  So how could I say no?  I mean, I can find a place for it even though I’m running out of room, right?  This will be my 7th rose.  I think I can say I officially have a rose garden.  I haven’t placed the Icebergs yet.  I’ll need to do some reorganizing over the weekend after I have some time to think about it.  Oh there were so many other plants I wanted to take home, but I didn’t have the time to spend looking.  I did manage to quickly browse through the herb section and snapped up an Anise Hyssop aka Hummingbird Mint.  I love herbs just as much as I love roses.  I want to go back to the garden center early Saturday or Sunday morning and see what else they have.  I like the English Cottage theme I have going on right now… Or at least as much of an English Cottage garden that I’m able to do with containers and a tiny space.  Ahhh someday I will have a sprawling land with acres of garden! 

In other news, I haven’t seen my friend Black Widow in the Lilies.  I’m not sure if she got tired of me getting her wet each time I’d water.  Maybe she found a new location.  I’m sure she’s close by and if I had to guess, I’d say she moved to the woodpile next to the steps on my back porch. 

The light at dusk this evening was very pretty.  I ran inside, grabbed the camera and took a few photos before the sun went down.  My Ketchup and Mustard Floribunda is really putting on a show!  Since the day I bought it, it has been nonstop bloom after bloom!  What a great little rose.  And the lovely Sonnet Pink Snapdragons are such a delight to look at from my window.

It’s a lovely time of year.  I can’t wait until the weekend when I can wake up early before the rest of the world and enjoy the tranquility of my little enchanted space.








No comments:

Post a Comment