Saturday, April 27, 2013


This morning I pruned my lavender and deadheaded some of my roses and other flowers.  I think I was trying to find an excuse to go to the garden center but everything is looking pretty good so I resisted.  This doesn't mean I won't end up there later, or even tomorrow.  After all, what's another plant.  Even if you're running out of space, you can still find a place for something new.

I noticed that my dwarf lemon tree dropped its blossoms.  It's just doesn't seem happy for some reason.  Much of the growth has come back since the grasshoppers got to it last year, but I'm not sure why it doesn't want to make fruit.  I guess I will leave it alone and see what happens although I am tempted to take it out of its current space in the garden and replace it with another rose bush.  The roses have me completely enamored at the moment.

One thing I would like to do is take my beautiful pink Passionate Kisses rose and move it to the font for the garden where it will get more sun.  Right now it's in the back right up against my window so it's also a little hard to get to.  Since these roses are more maintenance, it would be nice to have easier access.  This, of course, will require another rethink and revamp of the garden's presentation.  I'm not ready to go there just yet.  I do enjoy it as it is at this time, but there is always room for improvement.

Here are a few images of my Passionate Kisses, Floribunda as seen through my window on Monday, April 22.  The buds were just starting to open.


Here they are today, Saturday, April 27th.



No comments:

Post a Comment