Sunday, April 14, 2013

This weekend I did garden clean up and maintenance.  There's always something to be done.  Some plants needed repotting, some needed pruning, and I wanted to rearranging to the container garden on the porch.  

Ever since the Sugar Moons started to bloom, I noticed their fragrance hits you as soon as you walk out our front door.  I was pretty tired by afternoon, but suddenly a second wind hit me and I felt the need to make an emergency trip to the garden center for another fragrant rose.  I picked up a beautiful lavender colored Grandiflora called Fragrant Plum. 


The view out my front door.


Here's what else is blooming this week:

Foxglove




One of the Sugar Moon blooms.


My Cat Mint is making flowers.


Progress on the Moon Flower.  Looks like three more are about to come up.


Sugar Moon.


Ketchup and Mustard.


Another Foxglove.


Look how happy my Snapdragons are!  I'm so excited about this.  I might be winning them over.  


Ketchup and Mustard.


Delphinium is starting to bloom.


Sparkle and Shine Floribunda is making bloom after bloom.


Zinnia and some Herbs.


Herbs - Mint and Horehound.


More Herbs.  Lavender, Lemon Balm, Cat Mint and Chamomile in the back right corner.


Cat Mint.


Lemon Balm and Lavender on the left.


More Roses.  I didn't plant these but they are blooming like crazy.


Sage.


The White Hydrangea is growing well.


Progress on the Angel Trumpet.


Hydrangea.  I had to prune this because some of the leaves weren't looking so great.  I think the bugs were eating it so I cleaned it up and moved it to a new spot.


Not sure what this is.  Some type of Petunia I believe.


The first Gardenia is blooming.


Lavender.


Foxglove. 


The her box.  I actually took out the Basil and left the Cilantro and Rosemary.  The slugs were getting the Basil leaves.


More Foxglove.


Rosemary, Parsley.


Red Geranium.  They grow like crazy in my garden.


Various Herbs and Dusty Miller.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms Danielle. I especially love that deep red snapdragon. Your garden must be looking wonderful at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Missy! I just started gardening last year and this is the first time I am blogging about it. We don't have much space so I mostly do containers, but I am making the best of it trying to creating my dream garden on a bit smaller scale. :) I love seeing everyone's gardens. Yours is beautiful. I love your Passionflowers and your pool area is paradise. You are the first to share a comment on my blog. Thank you and looking forward to reading more about your garden.

    ReplyDelete