Wednesday, April 10, 2013

This week's Armstrong coupon was for roses regularly priced at $29.99, only $16.99.  The offers are only good Tuesdays and Wednesdays.  So guess where I went Tuesday?  Yeah... I couldn't resist.  I LOVE that garden center.  I now have 4 rose bushes.  Does that make me a rosarian???  I have become obsessed with roses.  The only thing stopping me from starting an entire rose garden is the fact that I don't have room.  This new addition is called, "Ketchup and Mustard".  I was reading some rose gardening forums and it appears some people hate the name.  Whatever.  I think its unique color combination is lovely.

After I placed Ketchup and Mustard in the garden, the winds picked up and became very heavy.  There wasn't much I could do about it, so I decided not to worry.  The next morning when I took a look around, there were petals everywhere, the orchids were laying on their side and most of the pots were very dry but for the most part, everything seemed okay.  Then I saw the Snapdragons.  I have a rocky history with Snapdragons.  Long story short, they hate me.  But this time, when I purchased them, I was determined I could make them work.  Nevertheless, they had wilted.  I gave them some water and hoped for the best.  Thankfully, by morning they had perked back up like nothing had ever happened.  Okay, I thought, Cool.  All is well with the world and I went about my merry way.  Well, today, guess what... Wilted!  Fine.  I gave them another good watering and now I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow.  So much drama with these flowers!  I know other people can grow Snapdragons with ease, but for me, they are high maintenance.  In addition to the wilty Snapdragons, I noticed the Sugar Moon rose that was beginning to bloom wasn't looking so great.  I was thoroughly disappointed and it ruined my mood for a few hours until I decided to just get over it for the time being.  It amazes me how the garden can affect my mood.  One minute I'm happy, birds are singing, flowers are happily blooming and then BAM!  Wilted Snapdragons bring the party down.  I guess this is part of being a gardner.  



No comments:

Post a Comment