Monday, April 1, 2013

I was off again today so, of course, where do I go??  The Garden Center.  This time I spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday dreaming about Chamomile and Lemon Balm.  Friday I went to pick up my second rose bush.  That's when I saw the Chamomile, which I've been wanting for about the past 6 months, but most places I'd go never had it.  I found a few online stores that sold it, but I hadn't gotten around to ordering it.  Well low and behold, Armstrong (my new favorite place) had it.  There was also ONE Lemon Balm left hiding underneath the mints.  But, since I only came to get the roses (and walked out with a pot of 3' Foxgoves, I thought it wise to forego the herbs.  I don't know why I did this.  I should know better by now that I'm just going to go back eventually.  So, after the holiday weekend, again, my car drove me in the direction of the Garden Center.  I'd imagined after the lovely weekend we had, all the Chamomile had been sold out and that one tiny Lemon Balm had been discovered and bought by someone else.    But no... there it was and there was still plenty of Chamomile!  I picked up my two little plants and took a little walk around before checking out.  So many plants.  So hard to get just two.  I have not yet mentioned that when I first walked into the Garden Center, I was greeted by rows of pots of Delphinium.  Well, alas, these ended up in the back of my car just the same way the Foxgloves did.  Now they are on my front porch in a nice big container with plenty of room to grow.  I guess they won't be leaving either.




No comments:

Post a Comment