Sunday, April 21, 2013

I woke up at 5:30 am Saturday morning.  I didn't plan on waking up this early but the cat was walking around the house howling and trying to wake me up to serve breakfast (which, by the way, typically isn't served until 7 am).  He wouldn't give up, so I figured I'd begin my waitressing duties early and open the cafe an hour and a half early to please my very demanding customer.  After his majesty was content and happily dining on breakfast, I tried to go back to bed, but I couldn't fall asleep.  I wanted to get up and out by 8 am to spend an hour at the Huntington to see their now blooming magnificent roses.  I got up, made coffee got dressed and headed out.  The Huntington is only a 10 minute drive from my house.  I can't tell you how worth it it is to have the privilege of early entrance to this heavenly place.  I had the entire rose garden practically to myself this morning.  Now that I'm becoming more familiar with roses, it was nice to be able to recognize some of the names and be able to distinguish a Hybrid Tea from a Floribunda.  Here are some images to photographed from the beautiful morning there.




















No comments:

Post a Comment