Sunday, April 21, 2013

Meet my new garden pal, Black Widow.  She's living on the side of the house in the Calla Lilies next to the vegetable beds.  We had some Black Widows on the same side of the house last year too.  There was also one living on my front porch near the door which was a little too close for comfort, so we sprayed.  I know spiders are beneficial insects, and if I had a choice, I'd kindly ask her to pack her bags and take up residence elsewhere.  But, it appears she's made up her mind and isn't going anywhere.  This is the first time I was able to get a photo of her.  She usually comes out for just a second to avoid the hose when I'm watering and then runs away and hides in the Lilies.  Tonight she stayed visible long enough for me to run into the house and get my camera.  She seems to like being photographed too because she remained in that same spot while I snapped shots of her.  When I stopped taking her picture, she went back into the Lilies again.  Hopefully we can come to an agreement; She'll stay out of my way, and I'll stay out of hers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment