Monday, May 13, 2013

Why is it when I‘m at work all I do is think about what needs to be done in the garden.  Or sometimes I’ll get inspired to immediately set out to buy a new plant because it will be just perfect in the spot I am imagining.  The thought consumes me and I envision myself driving directly to the garden center because it can’t possibly wait until my day off.  That’s kind of what’s been going on all day today. 

This weekend I did more rearranging in the front garden.  I put my Yarrow in a larger pot and picked up a beautiful Dalhia  in Mystic Dreamer Pink.  It was 100 degrees and too hot to do much of anything.  This did not stop me Sunday afternoon when I sprung from a nap and rushed to the garden center to pick up fresh kitchen herbs.  Never mind I already have kitchen herbs, I just wanted to make a new herb pot and keep them handy right on my front porch.  While I was at the garden center, I came upon some Blue Hyssop.  Couldn’t walk away without that (even though I have no more room left on my porch.)

It was about 7 pm Sunday evening, but I had a sudden urge to remove every container plant and sweep the entire porch.  The reason for this was because on Saturday I noticed a lot of spider webs and the earwigs have been making my plants their dinner buffet.  By the time I finished, it was dark and I headed to the back by the vegetable beds where I had taken some of the old Candytuft that was looking tired.  As I stood in the back overlooking that garden, I realized it needed some serious attention.  The weeds were getting unruly and my containers back there were getting too disorganized.  In my head, it is a mess.

I have not been able to stop thinking about this all day.  I sure hope this week goes by fast because I have some serious work to do.

Dahlia 



Angelonia Archangel Pink


Strawberries


2 comments:

  1. Love the Angelonia...so cool! You are definitely not the only one who feels their garden is a mess at times. I can walk by the garden at times and almost want to start over...it seems like such a mess...and then, the next day, I don't mind so much! This has been a big year of changing/moving plants around...I'm finally realizing that some things just didn't work out as well as I had hoped...and it's time to find something that will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do the same thing. I'll come home from work, look at it and think, "Ack!!! It's all wrong." Then I'll go out in the morning the next day and it looks fine. Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete