Friday, July 4, 2014

Took some photos yesterday around the house.  
A white Hollyhock has bloomed 
along with the pink ones.

I love this Feverfew!  It's so pretty and in the Victorian Language of Flowers, 
it stands for fire, warmth and protection. 



The blue Columbine is still producing flowers.  Not like it did earlier in the year, 
but it still keeps going.


This pretty little Spear Fern was given to me by a very nice neighbor who sadly moved away last weekend.  It was a volunteer in her yard and I've now adopted it.  It will live next to my Autumn Fern.


Earlier in the year I planted some Forget Me Not and Chinese Forget Me Not seeds in a pot.  They put up foliage but now the flowers are starting to bloom.  This is the Chinese Forget Me Not.


Green Goddess Calla Lily progress.  It's growing pretty quickly now.


I just got this cute little moon stake for the garden.  The globe glows in the dark. 


Pretty Yarrow.  This color is Apricot Delight.


These Pansies have been blooming since I can't even remember when.  I guess they are happy here in their pot on the shelf in the side garden.


The blue Larkspur reseeded itself in its pot and is putting up spikes to bloom.  
My Delphinium is doing the same, although I didn't take a picture of that yet.


I love these hanging planters!  
I've put Alyssum and Lavender in them so that the scent will come in 
through the window when I'm working at my desk.


6 comments:

  1. Hello! I love that 'Apricot Delight' yarrow, looks especially good when the pix is enlarged. Those green bucket planters are charming. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. I got the bucket planters on Amazon. They also had a set of 5 in different colors. I couldn't resist ordering those too! Hope you had a nice 4th and your plants survived the heat!

      Delete
  2. Hollyhocks are so interesting as they cross breed and you get all sorts of colors. Your garden is full of lovely blooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - thank you. I didn't know that about Hollyhocks but I look forward to it. They are seeding all over the place!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe your Columbine is still blooming! I think California has the best weather, even the Pansies are done blooming long ago around here. It would be so cool to have a blue Columbine for next spring! I will have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised the Columbine is still blooming too. It's not as much as in the Spring, but all of them are still making flowers. It's been so miserably hot out here that I can't believe they're even still alive! The Pansies just keep reseeding themselves I guess. I'm not sure what's going on... Usually they don't last quite this long, but I'm not complaining.

      Delete