Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Summer Garden.

Here are just a few images of the front of our bungalow.  I'll post some images I took of the side garden in a future post.

The lavender Heirloom roses (far left) have put out their best blooms yet.  And Sparkle and Shine (yellow roses) have not stopped blooming although they have slowed down a bit.  On the porch, Sheila's Perfume is finally stepping it up and sending out some new purple foliage.  And Fragrant Plum on the porch (far right) also still has a few blooms and is putting out purple foliage.

Other flowers visible in this photo (there's more you can't really see) are:  Cosmos, Catmint, Rosemary,  Heliotrope, Black Petunia, Vinca, Gerbera Daisies, Zinnia, Miniature Roses, Butterfly Milkweed (which I saw a Monarch on this weekend), Salvia, Bacopa, Phlox, Agastache, Cleome and Rudbekia.



Looking in the other direction at the front porch.  Here you can see the Gallardia and the Marigolds.


On the far side of the porch (left side of the front of the house) you can see wildflowers (these are actually planted in the ground),  Angel Trumpet, Heirloom Roses, Oleander, Lisianthus, Foxglove (both in the ground and in pots), Petunia, Moonflower vine, Morning Glory vine and Geranium.



2 comments:

  1. Ah ... so pretty. I'm glad you posted this view. The fact that you are using mostly all terra cotta colored pots ties it all together very nicely. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane. The best part about those pots is that a lot of them came from the .99 cent store! I'm glad this view gives a better idea of the garden in the front of my bungalow. In the first photo, the second arch way on the far left and those dark pink roses belong to the bungalow next to ours. My side garden is just in between the two bungalows where you squeeze through that opening. Fortunately, no one has been living next to me for the past 2 years, so my landlord has been rather lenient with letting me do what I want on my side. But she did mention that I may have to reduce the side garden when we get new neighbors. I'll try and get some good photos of the side garden over the weekend. My dreams are a lot bigger then my space!

      Delete