Sunday, June 23, 2013

Friday afternoon I stopped at the garden center to pick up a bigger container and also a trellis for one of the Moonflowers.  I can't believe how fast this vine is growing.  How do they know to climb toward the trellis??  In just a few days, it's already heading that way and fast.  This makes me think that I should probably get a trellis for the two that are wrapping around the side of the front porch step.  I love watching their progress.


Then, Saturday morning, I woke up at 5 am.  I don't usually get up quite this early, but since I could the see the sun was starting to come up, I decided to get to work.  The roses, having gone through their second bloom, needed deadheadding and to be fed.  The side garden also needed clean up.  It seems I just can't be satisfied with the side garden.  It always seems to get messy and I'm constantly moving things around.  I think this is mostly due to my lack of space.  I'm constantly having to deal with rearranging to make things fit.

My Chamomile flowers were ready to be harvested, so I removed some to dry and make tea.  They look so pretty, so I kept some on the plant.  This is the problem I have with many of my herbs.  They look too pretty so I end up not cutting them back and they go to seed.  This is exactly what happened with my Cilantro and Dill.  As you can see from the photo, they are huge and full of flowers.  They were just small when I got them.  Not much I can do about this now.  The bees have made a buffet out of the flowers.





In the side garden I also noticed my Peppermint that I planted in the ground is making lovely purple flowers.  More options for the bee buffet.


Here are some other photos I took this weekend.

Hydrangea


Iceberg

Passionate Kisses

Sugar Moon


Iceberg

Catnip

Yarrow

Salvia - Vista Red -- Picked this up at Armstrong this weekend

Echinacea - PowWow Wild Berry - Got this this weekend as well.
 

Lastly, another one of the Moonflowers I planted in the ground.




No comments:

Post a Comment