Thursday, March 17, 2016

Volunteer Lily of the Valley

Last year (or maybe it was the year before), I had some Lily of the Valley pips that I'd purchased from Home Depot.  I planted them in this basket, but they only put up green foliage and never flowered.  I kept this basket on a lower shelf on my patio and pretty much ignored it because I figured nothing was ever going to happen.  It did get some water though since water from the other potted plants on the shelves above it would drip down into the basket.  Well what do you know, this year I saw some green coming up out of the basket with tiny white buds.  Call it fairy magic or maybe our winter was just a bit colder this year, but I was blessed with an additional Lily of the Valley bloom!  I just love these kinds of surprises!

No comments:

Post a Comment