Saturday, March 12, 2016

My first David Austin Rose, Harlow Carr

I have always wanted to have a David Austin Rose.  They are some of the most beautiful and most fragrant roses I have ever experienced.  Unfortunately, with my limited space, I no longer had room for any more roses.  When I purchased my first roses back in 2013, I had no idea what I was even going to like or not like.  In fact, I hadn't even heard of a David Austin Roses at that time, because I was still very new to gardening.  

Well, this year I had an unfortunate incident with the very first rose I'd ever purchased, Sugar Moon.  She fell victim to root rot.  This is partially due to the fact that I have to water in the evenings and I can't see what I'm doing during the winter months when the days are shorter.  Sugar Moon just got too wet and I'm afraid I may have drowned her out and rotted her roots which had actually become root bound in her pot.  It was sad to say goodbye, but this opened up some space in my little rose garden and gave me the opportunity to purchase my very first David Austin Rose, 'Harlow Carr'!  I'm so excited!  I know the fragrance will be to die for so I cannot wait for her to bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment