Friday, January 23, 2015

Seeds and Bulbs


So as usual I ended up at the garden center today.  I just went to browse.  I always go “just to browse”.  Well that never works out.  I came home with seed packets and bulbs… and potting soil of course.  The bulbs are Freesia.  I planted Freesia in the ground last year and they came up nicely.  The seed packets were the same ones I planted last year too.  They are from Botanical Interests; “Grandmother’s Cut Flower Garden” and “Fairy Meadow”.  Out of these packets, this is what bloomed:  Daisy-Painted Tricolor, Cornflower, Larkspur, Love-in-a-Mist, Cosmos, Bishop’s Flower, Godetia, Coreopsis-Plains Bicolor, Coreopsis-Plains Red, Corn Poppy, Catchfly, Candytuft, California Poppy, Corn Poppy, Creeping Daisy, Spurred Snapdragon, Johnny-Jump-Up, Alyssum-Carpet of Snow, and Evening Primrose-Showy.  I also purchased an individual seed packet of Love in a Mist.  I have no idea where I’m going to put any of this.  I know I will put the Freesia bulbs in a pot.  But the wildflowers??  Will they grow in a pot?  I can’t plant them in the soil like last year.  I guess I can try and hope for the best.  I still have to find a place to put the pots.  One more pot on the patio and my husband is going to kill me.  Every time I bring home new plants now he just looks at me and says, “Where are you going to put that!??”  Oh the joys of being married to a gardener!  We can’t help ourselves and we can never have enough plants!


No comments:

Post a Comment