Monday, February 2, 2015

Spring Flowers

The Daffodils, Hyacinth and Tulips are in bloom.  My Spring potting table looks great and smells wonderful!

I went back to the garden center on Sunday and almost everything was gone as far as Spring bulbs “in the green”.  I was disappointed that I did not find any Muscari (Grape Hyacinth) this year.

This weekend I also planted the Freesia bulbs and scattered some of the Love in a Mist seeds into the pots with the white Calla Lily and the Bleeding Heart.  I figure the Calla and the Bleeding Heart will die back by Summer, and maybe I’ll get some Love in a Mist flowers.  Not sure if they will grow in a pot, but thought I would give it a try.  Last year I scattered the seeds in front of the potted roses along with some wildflower seeds and they looked so pretty.  Not sure what will happen this year since I think most of what I had planted in the ground (bulbs, wildflowers) got destroyed by the construction.  This year I’m not planting anything in the ground. 

I am happy I was able to save some Daffodil bulbs and two Hyacinth.  I saw them sprouting up the weekend I pruned the roses, so I dug them up and put them in pots.  Looks like the Hyacinth are blue and pink.  The Daffodils I dug up aren’t quite ready to bloom yet, so it will be nice to have a second round of them once the ones I purchased from the garden center start to fade.  I really wish the Spring flowers could last longer, but I guess the fact that they are so short lived makes me appreciate them that much more.










No comments:

Post a Comment