Saturday, March 29, 2014

It’s that time of year again!  Time to refresh the herbs!  Sometime over the Winter months, my vegetable bed, where I usually grow my tomatoes, became an herb bed.  Right now I have in it:  Sage, Yerba Buena (spreading out all over the place - need to pull), Cat Grass (so pretty), Parsley (growing like crazy), Valerian (Garden Heliotrope), Sweet Marjoram (I think this may need to be pulled), Pineapple Sage (which reseeded itself, apparently), Greek Basil (needs to be pulled), Lemon Balm, Lemon Verbena (needs to be pulled), and I am pretty sure I saw some Lovage in there that reseeded itself.

In pots I have:  Catnip (that I keep for the neighborhood cats as well as my own), St. John’s Wort, Horehound, Laceleaf Lavender and English Lavender (I keep these on my front porch because they smell so good and the flowers attract bees.) Chocolate Mint (another kept on the porch because I like the smell), Sage that I’ve had forever and 3 pots of Rosemary kept at the front door.

In the soil I have one Rosemary back by the raised bed and also a Chocolate Mint which will be pulled up and moved this weekend and replaced with beautiful Blue Lobelia. 

Being added to the bed will be:  Chamomile, Feverfew, English Thyme, Cilantro (Yum!), and Bee Balm.

My gardening obsession started out with herbs, and while I do tend to get distracted with my flowers, I still am just as obsessed with herbs.

There are lots of really big earthworms in my herb bed!





No comments:

Post a Comment