Monday, June 30, 2014

This weekend one of the Angel Trumpets (Brugmansia) had its second bloom. 





The white one bloomed first and then this one, which at first had only one bloom a few weeks ago.  Now it's full of flowers.  I got both my Angel Trumpets from Burgess Seed as live plants in March of 2013.  Here's what they looked like (the one on the far left is a white Hydrangea):



When I looked back at my blog, it appears I actually ordered 2 Angel Trumpets in white; however, this one is definitely not white.  I don't mind.  I like the variety.

I'm hoping the white one will bloom again.  These Angel Trumpets had to endure the grasshoppers chewing holes in their foliage all last Summer.  Then, over the winter, they lost a lot of foliage due to frost.  I wasn't sure if they were going to make it or not, but they appear to have bounced back and are doing rather well.

I found this web site which has a lot of great information about Angel Trumpets.  Thought I would share the link.  You can find all kinds of different Trumpet Flowers here:

http://www.trumpetflowers.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Your garden and blog are so pretty! Here in Virginia I see the Angel Trumpet blooming at the end of summer at some lady's house I drive by, they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I actually didn't realize how good the Angel Trumpets smell. I have a white one that just bloomed for the first time earlier this year and I don't remember it having as good a fragrance as this one. the aroma is really pleasant in the evening when you walk by.

      Delete