Sunday, June 15, 2014

June 15

I went to Lowes today for some things for the garden.  Low and behold, they had Clematis.  I've never seen it sold anywhere.  I'm always envious of people growing it on the East coast or in England, but I've never seen it here.  Every garden blog that I've read says how hard it is to grow in Southern California.  Earlier in the year, I'd found a package of bulbs at Osh, but I waited to long to plant it and when I opened the package, it had disintegrated.   So here is my new Clematis.  I have no idea what kind it is.  Gotta love Lowes for being so specific about the species of plant.  The plant tag just said "Clematis".  So we'll see how it does.


Gardenia
I've had a love hate relationship with this plant.  It never really products many blooms.  But when it does bloom, oh man do those flowers smell good!  This year I got 2 flowers.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with this plant.  I guess I should do more research on it.  It's one of the few plants that just never really seemed happy in my garden.

The lovely Daylily.

Dahlia is blooming again.

Canna
I couldn't resist the color of this flower.  I'm not one for tropical looking plants - I'm not sure why that is.  But this Canna was too pretty to pass up.

Foxgloves.
After I cut the main spikes after they were done blooming, a bunch of side spikes shot out and it's been blooming non-stop since.

Wildflowers:
A pretty pink Poppy.

Godetia.



No comments:

Post a Comment