Monday, May 15, 2017

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, May 2017

I've been a little lax with my monthly postings to Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, but I finally got around to writing a post.  If you've been following my blog, you know I have a very small space and my entire garden is in pots.  Last year I started a butterfly garden, so that my garden wouldn't just look pretty, it would serve a purpose.  All of the plants I have are either host or nectar plants for butterflies and caterpillars.  They also serve as a nectar source for hummingbirds and bees.  Some of the plants I grow include:  milkweed, rue, passionflower vine, fennel, zinnia, verbena bonariensis, pincushion flower, lavender, lantana, cleome pentas and butterfly bush to name a few.  It's not summer just yet and the weather has been fluctuation between cool and hot, but on the warm days, I have been seeing lots of butterflies, especially monarchs, and I have lots of monarch caterpillars on the milkweed.  Here are just a few photos of my 2017 Butterfly Garden.
(Taken on May 21, 2017)







Please visit May Dreams Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, the web site that hosts this day for gardeners all over the world to share what they are growing in their gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment