Friday, October 16, 2015

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, October 2015

Here's what's happening in my Pasadena, California container garden for October 2015 on Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day hosted by May Dreams Gardens   It's the time of year when everything has been growing like crazy over the Summer and most of my plants have turned into monsters... especially the potted roses.  It's a little embarrassing, actually.  People ask me what I do to make the garden grow this way... I really don't know what to tell them.

Here are two of my potted roses on the front porch.  They just got done blooming so they are in between bloom cycles right now.  They have grow almost up to the roof.  AND they are in pots.  The other day we had some winds and both of them fell off the porch. haha!  I'm sure I looked like a crazy person trying to figure out how to lift heavy, thorny roses bushes back onto the porch.  I takes some maneuvering, but I managed.  The two roses I have on the porch are (left) Sheila's Perfume and (right) Fragrant Plum.  I also have about 6 more potted roses to the left in front of the house (I didn't photography those) that have grow up so tall they are covering the windows. 

As you can see, I've done my decorating for Halloween.  The first week of October, I went to the garden center and picked up some pumpkins, mums and violas.  I decorated the wreath with Fall leaves and put a few gourds on the shelves in my patio garden.  The weather has since been in the 90s.  This heat just does not want to let up, but the flowers seem to be holding up okay.

This is my favorite time of year.  I am hoping the temperature will start to drop soon so it will finally start to feel like fall.
Patio Garden

8 comments:

  1. You have beautiful flowers in your garden!

    Greetings, Sofie #26
    http://sofies-succulent-beads.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sofie. It can be difficult to keep up with all the beautiful gardens I see on GBBD. I live in a rental and only have a very tiny space. Everything has to be in pots due to the landlord. I do my best! Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be warm in California, but your garden certainly looks like fall! All your blooms are so lovely--I'm impressed how they are all thriving in pots; it's obvious they are receiving lots of loving care. You asked about my Japanese anemones; I don't know why they couldn't be grown in containers, too. If you can grow those huge roses in containers, I'm sure you could do the same with anemones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good point. Perhaps I will try planting some and see what happens. Thanks Rose! :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful autumn colours and decoration, I can see you are ready for Halloween :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes! Halloween is my favorite time of the year.

      Delete
  5. Hi Danielle-Thanks for stopping by. I love that your entire garden is in containers. That must take a lot of planning. Happy Belated GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take a bit of planning. And a lot of pots! :) Thank you for visiting!

      Delete