Sunday, August 17, 2014

And now for a visit to a different garden besides my own; Descanso Gardens in La Canada, Flintridge. I was here early Sunday morning on August 3.  There was hardly anyone here since the weather was heavy with humidity and it was sprinkling rain.  We had been having very rare humid weather.  Even at 8:00 in the morning, it was sticky and hot, but it was a beautiful day for photography.  Here are some of my images:



Cleome




Naked Ladies, Amaryllis Belladonna





Crinadonna Lily (Amarcrinum)
Every year when these bloom I take tons of photos. They are Crinadonna Lilies and the fragrance is absolutely wonderful. From what I've read, they are a hybrid cross between Amaryllis Belladonna (Naked Ladies) and Crinum Lilies.  I'm hoping to get some bulbs of these in the Fall to try in my own garden.












No comments:

Post a Comment