Sunday, February 9, 2014

Been getting ready for Spring over the last two weeks.  Last weekend I pruned the roses and this weekend and last I planted some Spring flowers, bulbs of Freesia, Lily of the Valley pips and scattered some seeds around.  Here is how the garden is looking:

Alyssum, Stock, Daisy, Lavender, Mint

Dusty Miller and a few pruned roses in the background.


Pink Gerbera Daisy, Nemisa, Catmint and Mauve Outback Daisy 


Poppy Anemone with Viola left background


Bacopa, Daisy, Alyssum and Cosmos, Calibraochoa


Pansy, Pink Gerbera Daisy, Laceleaf Lavender and Mint in the background


Comsos and Alyssum


Daisy


Viola


White Tulip


Narcissus Tete-a-Tete Daffodil 


Pansy


These Black Eye'd Susans have been blooming all Winter.



This is my new Heirloom Rose.  I picked it up last weekend.


My Angel Trumpet trees are growing -- Daisy in the background.


Another photo of the Angel Trumpet.  Both lost some foliage this Winter due to frost.


My Dwarf Lemon tree is finally making some lemons.


Linaria


Horehound


Pansy


My Lily is coming up out of the ground


Pincushion flower and Yarrow is blooming.



Azalea


Heliotrope


My her bed.  The Parsley grows like crazy here.


Calla Lily


Butterfly Milkweed


Cyclamen




Laceleaf Lavender


Lavender and Chocolate Mint


The front of the house




Grape Hyasinth


Pink Hyacinth


Foxgloves.  My absolute favorite.


Hyacinth -- smells so good and always reminds me of Easter at my Grandmother's house.


Daffodil - It wouldn't be Springtime without these


Delphinium


Helleborus


Scattered some of these plus Moonflower and another collection called Fairy Garden.



2 comments:

  1. What a treat for these winter-weary eyes to see all your blooms! You're making me anxious to get out and plant something. Actually, very soon I will be scattering some larkspur and poppy seeds across the snow; they do best for me when I plant them this way. Happy Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm grateful to be living in Southern California. I grew up in Pennsylvania with snow and I know how anxious I would get for Spring.

      Delete