Thursday, August 8, 2013

Here's what the Summer garden is looking like in front of the house.  It's growing pretty wild, but I like it.

This weekend I gave the side garden a makeover.  The tomato plants had been very generous this year and produced delicious, fresh tomatoes all summer long.  They were starting to look tired so it was time to pull them and put in something fresh.  I decided to go with all herbs and some dwarf Asters for decoration.  In the raised bed I now have:  French Tarragon, Yerba Buena, Lemon Balm, Greek Columnar Basil, Dill, Parsley, Cilantro, Cat Grass, Golden Sage, Pineapple Sage, Sweet Marjoram, and Lemon Verbena.

Planted some new flowers in the ground including Echinacea, Asters and Butterfly Milkweed.


I really wanted a garden statue for the back.  I picked up this whimsical bunny to overlook the garden.


Shasta Daisy.


Butterfly Milkweed.


Butterfly Milkweed, Aster, Oleander


Nerium Oleander


Aster


Shasta Daisy


Echinacea


Butterfly bush


Marigold


Oleander and Cosmos and Hydrangea


And another one of my Moonflower vines


No comments:

Post a Comment