Monday, May 25, 2015

Scented Pelargoniums

I had an appointment this morning to visit, Dominus Plantarum, a local nursery that had many of the Scented Pelargoniums I have been drooling over ever since I discovered the new Scented Pelargonium Garden at the Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden.  Matt, of Dominus Plantarum, is responsible for this magically fragrant garden.  I was so excited to bring home 9 different varieties of Scented Pelargoniums!  I've also become a member of the Los Angeles Geranium Society and am looking forward to participating in their upcoming meetings and learning more about these wonderful plants that were so popular during the Victorian era.

Below is a photo my husband took of me enjoying the Scented Pelargonium Garden at the Los Angeles County Arboretum & Botanic Garden
Lime-Yes it really does smell just like lime!  Yum!
 Strawberry-Love this variety!  Sweet and fruity.
 Varrigated Nutmeg-Pretty and Spicy!
 Lemon Fancy-The most potent Lemon fragrance I have found besides Mable Gray.
 Rose-Not sure what variety of rose, but it is very strong!
 Charity-lemon rose fragrance.  Beautiful fancy foliage!
 Rose-I think this may be Skeleton Rose "Dr. Livingston".  
Very strong fragrance!
 Peppermint!  Just like a candy cane.  Delicious!
 Another Rose variety.

So happy with all of these and a big thank you to Matt and his wife Rebecca at Dominus Plantarum

No comments:

Post a Comment