Sunday, January 12, 2014

I finally got around to taking some photos around the back of the house.  

Here is my Orchid which I've had for about 2 years.  It was given to me as a gift. After it was done blooming, I put it aside and left it alone.  Last year it surprised me by producing new blooms on its own without any maintenance other then watering.  Looks like this year it's doing the same.  I have 4 different stems with spikes.  I guess it likes it here.

Here's one of the Calla Lilies.  I planted a bunch of them in back of the house on the North side and they are growing up nice and tall and starting to produce some flowers.  


And these are Hollyhocks planted from seed a few months back.  They seem to be doing well.  Hoping they grow tall and produce some lovely flowers.


2 comments:

  1. What kind of orchid is that? it is amazing to be able to grow orchids outside. I love your Calla lily.
    Chloris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloris, I honestly don't know what it is. It was given to me by a co-worker as a gift. Here is a photo of it last year when it bloomed: http://gardenofmagic.blogspot.com/2013_03_01_archive.html If you have any idea what it is, I'd love to know! Thank you for looking at my garden photos! :)

      Delete